Domestic Animals 

Several bylaws govern the care and control of domestic animals in the Municipality of Casselman. For more information, visit the page Dog Bylaw

If you own a dog, you have to get a dog licence. No licence is needed for cats or other types of pets.

Dog Licences 

Dog owners are required to buy a licence for all their dogs and have their animal wear its tag. A dog licence is valid for one year, from January 1st to December 31st and must be renewed every year, before March 31st.

  • Late renewals are more expensive. 
  • There is a limit of three dogs per civic address. 
  • The dog tag is very helpful in identifying your pet and returning it to your family should it get lost. 
  • You may be fined $155 for each dog that you fail to register.

Dog Licence Fees 

Renewal Period and Tags 


Renewal or new dog licence prior to March 31st 


Renewal of dog licence after March 31st 


New dog licence after March 31st and before June 30th 


New dog licence after June 30th 


Lost dog tag replacement 


Tag for guide dogs for physically or visually impaired person 


Application for a Dog Licence 

Please fill out the application form and return it to our office with the payment. Download the Dog Licence Form (PDF).

Lost and Found Dogs 

If you have found a dog or lost your dog, please call the Bylaw Officer at 613-764-3139 extension241. If the found dog wears a tag, we will contact the owner and try to reunite them with their pet. 

Dog Pound 

Dogs found running at large will be impounded. If the dog wears a tag, we will contact the owner, who will have to pay the impounding fees to reclaim their pet. After 72 hours, impounded dogs may be given away, sold or destroyed. 

Annual Rabies Vaccination Clinic for Pets 

In September, the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU), in cooperation with local veterinarians, holds rabies vaccination clinics throughout the Eastern Counties. The clinics offer the rabies vaccine for cats and dogs at a cost of $20 per pet. For upcoming dates and locations, visit EOHU.


For general information about wildlife, species at risk, hunting and fishing regulations, visit Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.

  • Report any sick or strange acting wildlife to the Ministry by calling the rabies Hotline at 1-888-574-6656. 
  • Report any local resource violation, injured wild animal, fish die-off or other wildlife issues by calling 613-258-8204.