Casselman Travelling Vendor Bylaw 

The 87-239 Bylaw regulates the operations of travelling or temporary vendors or itinerant sellers, transient traders and refreshment vehicles within the Municipality of Casselman. 

The following is a summary of the bylaw. For precise wording and all provisions, please refer to the official 87-239 Itinerant Seller Bylaw (PDF)

Key points 

  • All businesses defined in the bylaw must apply for and obtain a license prior to the start of operations.
  • The temporary vendor bylaw applies to:
    • Door-to-door salespeople and businesses;
    • Food trucks, food carts, chip stands, roadside kiosks and public event vendors.
  • A license application may require inspections and approval by the Fire Department, the Municipal Law Enforcement Department or the Medical Health unit.
  • A license is valid for periods ranging from one day to one year, depending on the type of license.


  • License fees range from $60.00 to $2,000.00 depending on the type of business. 


If you are found guilty of an offence to this bylaw, you may be fined up to $2,000.

Apply for a License 

Download and fill out the application form for your type of business.

File a Complaint or Report a Violation 

To register a complaint with the Municipality about a perceived infraction, you must fill out a complaint form.

To report a situation during regular business hours, please contact the bylaw officer at 613-764-3139, extension 241.